The 22nd Annual NAEMSE Educator Symposium
(Washington, D.C. / August 7th – 12th, 2017)
Call for Presentations 2017
SUBMISSIONS ARE NO
LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
The National Association of EMS Educators' Annual Educational Symposium is the premier event for Emergency Medicine Educators. Each year, more than 45 faculty members present 45 educational sessions, 12 research papers, and educational posters are presented at the annual educational symposium. Any Emergency Medicine Professional with an interest in emergency medicine or educational research is invited to submit session proposals for the 2017 conference.
NAEMSE is soliciting session proposals for the 2017 Annual Educational Symposium to be held August 7-12, 2017 in Washington, D.C. This is an opportunity to share effective models, policies, research and information and provide your colleagues with insights and best practices addressing many of issues that are faced in the classroom and community. The entry deadline to the NAEMSE office is November 18, 2016.
The annual symposium is the ONLY national educator’s conference created for all with an interest in Emergency Medical education. We focus on strengthening the skills of new and provide a venue for the established instructor in the field of Emergency Medical Services. Our participants include EMS Instructors, Pre-EMS providers, training officers, educational professionals, managers, and directors of training programs in the EMS arena. The association likes to offer a wide range of sessions at symposium that meet the diverse needs of EMS attendees so we invite proposals from the introductory through advanced level on all topics related to the EMS educator. This portal of learning offers a broad array of resources and services, such as forums, breakout sessions, general sessions, and panel discussions. Learning portals for this symposium have come to include classroom management, leadership, administrative issues, simulation and technology.
Presentation Submission Information and General Instructions
1. Submissions must meet all the requirements of the category. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed. We encourage you to submit multiple proposals for review. If selected by the NAEMSE Program Committee, presenters may be asked to present multiple times.
2. Submissions must be received no later than November 18, 2016 (midnight).
3. Do not submit a paper submission. Only electronic abstracts will be accepted.
4. Notification of acceptance will be sent out in January 2017.
5. Presentations may not use any conference presentation to market products or services; exhibit space is available for that purpose.
6. The standard audio/visual equipment provided by NAEMSE includes LCD projectors, screens and podium microphones. Computers, TV/DVD players, phone line/internet connections, or other A/V equipment will NOT be provided. If needed, it will be the responsibility of the presenters to make arrangements and provide payment for such equipment. Flip charts available upon request.
7. Sessions are 60 minutes in length.
NAEMSE Symposium submissions are peer-reviewed by Program Committee members who perform a blind review on all submissions with rankings within a category. All submissions receiving high review scores are then approved by the members of the Program Committee to be presented at the symposium.
Complete the submission application process below, filling in all required (*) information as stated. You must submit two (2) presentations in order to be considered. Please make sure ALL areas have been filled in (where necessary) for more accurate review and consideration.
¨ A clear description of the content of the presentation, including the goals and objectives.
¨ How well the session fits into the overall balance of the program (i.e. target audience, content, new and repeated sessions, similar sessions, etc.)
¨ Evidence of presenter’s experience/expertise.
¨ Absence of sales pitch for products or services. We will not consider proposals that include sales pitches. All presenters must complete a Conflict of Interest statement if selected for conference.
¨ Members of NAEMSE will receive additional consideration over non-members.
¨ Presenters submitting multiple presentations will receive additional consideration over presenters submitting one presentation.
¨ Potential value/impact of research or developments
¨ Style: Clarity, Length, Originality, Etc.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE / CONTACT
All applications must be received by Monday, November 18, 2016 to be considered for review.
Share your expertise today with over 700 EMS Educators!