The National EMS Instructor Courses have been designed and developed in accordance with the DOT/NHTSA 2002 National Guidelines for Educating EMS Instructors & the National Education Standards. The IC1 course represents the didactic component and practical application of the educational process for EMS educators specified in over 40 States EMS Rules for Lead Instructors.
The course content provides an introduction to a broad span of educational theory that is heavily reliant on brain-based learning and evidence-based best practices for all levels of experience as an EMS educator.
• To provide tools and resources to educators to accelerate their growth as effective learning coaches.
• To provide contemporary information on the teaching and learning process so EMS educators help their students to achieve their learning goals.
• To provide opportunities for networking with other educators, mentoring by experienced educators, and a catalyst for personal growth.
Mandatory components to successfully complete the course:
• A portion of the course (16 hrs of CE) must be completed online prior to class and includes educational materials pertinent to successful course completion.
• Participants will complete a written post test on the third day of the class which includes information covered in class that is referenced to content in the DOT/NHTSA 2002 National Guidelines for Educating EMS Instructors & the National Education Standards found on the NAEMSE web site.
• Participants are assigned to a team (squad) that is tasked with completing assignments for various course components. Active engagement with team members in a collaborative learning environment is essential to achieving a successful learning experience.
Feedback received from participants in the United States and Canada on this course are tremendously positive. If you've never had the treat of attending, please consider joining us at one of the NAEMSE Instructor Courses!
Individuals who attend the entire course and pass the post test will receive a Certificate of Course Completion from NAEMSE. Continuing education hours have been approved through NAEMSE, which is accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS).
Enrollment is limited to 100 participants. If you are not a NAEMSE member, but you are interested in joining, please visit our HERE to apply.
Contact NAEMSE at (412) 343-4775 or email@example.com with questions.